[Announcement] multiphenics -- easy prototyping of multiphysics problems in FEniCS
8 months ago by
we would like to announce the first public release of the multiphenics library, based on FEniCS.
multiphenics is a python library that aims at providing tools in FEniCS for an easy prototyping of multiphysics problems on conforming meshes. In particular, it facilitates the definition of subdomain/boundary restricted variables and enables the definition of the problem by means of a block structure.
This version (v0.1.0) comes with several tutorials:
* tutorial 1: block Poisson test case, to introduce the block notation used in the library.
* tutorial 2: Navier-Stokes problem using block matrices.
* tutorial 3: weak imposition of Dirichlet boundary conditions by Lagrange multipliers using block matrices and * discarding interior degrees of freedom.
* tutorial 4: computation of the inf-sup constant for a Stokes problem assembled using block matrices.
* tutorial 5: computation of the inf-sup constant for the problem presented in tutorial 3.
* tutorial 6: several examples on optimal control problems, with different state equations (elliptic, Stokes, Navier-Stokes), control (distributed or boundary) and observation (distributed or boundary).
* additional tutorials on simple multiphysics problems are forthcoming in v0.2.0
The official gitlab repository is at https://gitlab.com/multiphenics/multiphenics .
A github mirror is also available at https://github.com/mathLab/multiphenics .
More information, contact info and several links to related resources are available at those repositories.
Looking forward to any feedback,
Community: FEniCS Project
Please login to add an answer/comment or follow this question.