How do I get hold of the hotel confirmation PDF that was sent to the hotel for a particular booking
OK So if we're asked to get hold of a hotel confirmation PDF for a Booking, here's how you do it
You'll need the Booking Id
- Logon to production AWS
- Locate the Booking in the travel.pbPersistence table
- Get hold of the "confirmedDateTime" so we know when the email will have been sent
- query the wire.wire DynamoDB table for the "confirmedDateTime", i.e. if "confirmedDateTime" is "2017-04-20T09:47:33.944+0000" you should query the wire.wire.creationDate for "20170420" and then you want to add a filter to the wire.wire table as well of subject = "Instructions for xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is the "channelReference" from the travel.pbPersistence table.
- you'll then get 1 record returned which is the email in question.
- Then you need to grab the "attachmentIds" String element
- Use this to lookup a record in the S3 bucket "wire-production-attachments" you can then download the PDF document
// Hotel Instructions should always be sent unless booked via PTI
sendHotelInstructions = !hotelSubproduct.getChannelCode().equals(Channel.PTI.name());
Also, at the moment the subject of emails is not 'instructions for xxxxxxx' where xxxxxx is the "channelReference" from the travel.pbPersistence table. At the moment we have things like 'Payment instructions for a booking made via LateRooms', with no reference of the channelReference. We should add the channel reference back into the subject I think.