What is this website?
There is a suggestion of using a website form for exam questions. Students are looking for something where they can react upon each other complaints, show evidence (e.g. text, image, table, website, etc.), and vote for what they think is reasonable. Would this website be a good idea to do so?
This website is a clone of the stack-overflow/stack-exchange websites were people ask questions and receive answers publicly. Advantages of this website:
- Registration is very simple. Just click on Gmail icon and choose your university account, and that's it!
- The website is very user-friendly and has a tour for new users
- Students can write their questions in a very neat manner using the tool bar to make their points as clear as possible (e.g. use bullet points, bold, italics, numbering, attach an image from the book or a link to website)
- Students can reply to each other publicly. Thus, vague questions can be explained further and additional arguments can be added by other students. If a student has a counter argument they can also post it
- Students can upvote or downvote a question/arguement. That is, if they find an argument very sound and agree with it, they can just click on the ^ button instead of re-write the question/arguement again. The same apply for all the replies to a question. This is a very beautiful and useful feature
- Students can ask and answer anonymously (this feature can be disabled if proved not very practical)
- Questions can be shared on social networks, edited by selected members, followed by email notifications, and many other features
We can also write codes here! This can be used for critical pieces of information. Because this is meant for programming languages, commands will be highlighted by the website.
Note: This is not the only website that can do this, there is a long list of the clones and I just picked the first one. List can be found here: http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/2267/stack-exchange-clones/37953#37953
Note: Such website can go beyond examination questions. Another page can be made for, for example, every LC or for burning questions right before an exam. The year representatives can be very creative on how to utilize the website to deliver an enjoyable experience for the rest of the students, and we are more than happy to help!
Note: The website is very easy to navigate through. However, if you want, I can make a short video to explain how to use the features and how to post, edit, and vote for a question.