The following scenario causes the IDE to get stuck:
1) Use the IDE with a remote project.
2) Sleep/hibernate the computer (while the IDE is still open).
3) Change LAN connection (e.g. go from office->home).
4) Open the computer.
5) The IDE seems responsive but I am not able to save/open new files on the remote project.
6) I am able to probe the remote host successfully.
7) Trying to close the project makes the IDE stuck.
The only way to recover this situation is to kill the IDE (externally from process explorer) and restart it.
I am using the latest WingIDE on windows 7 x64.