Short Duration projects
6 months ago by
Yes we can implement Agile in it.
Can I execute it in plain waterfall model? As it is, in this small duration not many changes comes into the picture.
To this my answer is No,
1) because Changes is not the only reason to adopt agile. It is one of the reason:).
You never know after seeing how agile maximizes business value, the client may want to add changes
Along with that Agile not only embrace changes it also says that,
1) frequent deliveries deliveries and feed backs are important.
2) Daily Communication is important. [DSM]
3) Review is important.
So lets say we take up the waterfall method and develop something, and show it to the client at the end of the 2-4 weeks. There is no way we can say that its developed as per client, or client will get business value out of it. If he had only had budget for these weeks and it may get wasted.
So instead of knowing at it at the end of 2-4 weeks, we will know it first if we follow Agile.
It is not necessary to have SCRUM, you can choose KANBAN. or sprint with shorter duration.
you can educate the client.
Even if the client does not follow it, internal team follows, that also would be great help to the project.
Communication will ensure that impediments are brought to notice. Review will ensure that, client see what is going on.
5 months ago by
- We should always think in Agile way even for a small project and it will surely benefit Team and all stakeholders.
- We can not predict upfront that the requirements will remain fixed till the end.
- We need to make sure that we get regular feedback from stakeholders and incorporate those as required in project.
- Regular meetings like DSM, planning, review, demo helps to build good bonding between Product owner and Team.
Please login to add an answer/comment or follow this question.